Friday, September 11, 2020

Radio interview about All the Animals on Earth

Episode 199 and feelin' fine! Back in the spring, before my new novel, All the Animals on Earth, got delayed to the fall, I was interviewed by Jamie Tennant for his boss radio show, Get Lit, on CFMU at McMaster University, Hamilton. The interview is now online and ready for your listening pleasure. I'm very proud of this book, and proud that Jamie invited me back on his show to chat about it. (He also interviewed me when my previous novel, The Slip, came out in 2017.)

So yes, the new novel is out! The official publication date was September 6 and Animals is slowly making its way out into the world. It is, of course, a very strange time to be publishing a book. Thanks to the ongoing threat of COVID-19, bookstores, libraries, reading series and literary festivals are still showing lots of (very understandable) restraint as the pandemic continues to hamstring all the important work they do.

But I want to mention that I do have a handful of virtual events cooking, and should be able to announce dates and times soon. In the meantime, if you're able to get to a library or a bookstore, if you're free to check out an online festival event or reading series, please do so. The publishing industry, precarious at the best of times, needs the support now more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment