Monday, July 30, 2018

Covering StanFest for the Globe and Mail

Yep, I know. It's been months since I've updated this blog. But the truth is it has been a bit quiet on home front here over the last little while. (Though I will have some fairly huge news to share fairly son!) In the meantime, I do have TWO new pieces of writing to share with you.

The first is a feature article I wrote this weekend about the Stan Rogers Music Festival for the Globe and Mail. This year marks the 35th anniversary of Stan Rogers' death, and I've had a long, if somewhat complicated, relationship with the man's music. The Globe was generous enough to grant me 1,000 words to reflect on that, as well to provide a bit of a travelogue about the festival itself. The above article - the final draft of which I submitted while on the PEI ferry en route to see my parents after leaving the festival grounds (thank you WiFi!) - was the result.

As for the second piece, let me keep the Google Search Engine gods happy and put that in a separate post ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment