Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review of Sad Peninsula in the Charlottetown Guardian

So intelligence sources on the ground (as well as Google Alerts) inform me that a capsule review of Sad Peninsula appeared in my hometown newspaper, the Charlottetown Guardian, yesterday. It was the Guardian that gave me my very first paid writing gig, actually: back in 1992, when I was a high school student, I won a "Stay in School" short story contest, and the subsequent publication of the piece led to me getting a gig that summer and fall writing a column on "teen issues" for the newspaper. Great to see this whole writing career thing come full circle.

Also interested to learn about the other book discussed in the review: The Bastard of Fort Stikine by Debra Komer, published by Goose Lane. I hadn't heard of this book before, so I'll have to go check it out.

Anyway, great to see Sad Peninsula still getting a bit of press eight and a half months after release. And hey, reviewers: I do have another book, a short story collection, that was just published last month that's still looking for its first Canadian review. Just sayin'.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment