Friday, March 1, 2013

My short story "Snoop" in Pithead Chapel

I woke up this morning to word that my short story "Snoop" has appeared in the new issue of Pithead Chapel out of Michigan. The issue looks great and I'm happy to be included alongside fellow writers Roisin McLean, Jennifer Greidus, Matthew Gavin Frank and others. As I mentioned before, this marks my first publication in a U.S. journal.

"Snoop" is actually an older piece of mine, written around 2006, either shortly before or shortly after I moved back to Canada following my year in Australia. It remains my only work of fiction set in that country. I had written and rewritten the piece many times, and had actually taken it out of my regular submission circulation for a while after struggling to find a market for it. But following an encouraging rejection letter I received about a year ago, I did another rewrite and got it back out into the world. So I'm really pleased that the story has, after seven long years, finally found a home. Thanks to the whole crew at Pithead Chapel for including me in their great online magazine.

M.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment