Saturday, February 2, 2013

Poems published in The Nashwaak Review

I was pleased to come home last night to find my contributor's copy of The Nashwaak Review, which contains my poems "Cleve" and "Sullivans Pond", waiting for me in the mailbox. The issue is HUGE - some 340 pages of fiction, poetry, essays and reviews. I'm happy to have some of my stuff included.

I'm especially happy that "Sullivans Pond" is there, as I wrote that piece as part of Stuart Ross's popular Poetry Boot Camp a while back. Stuart had asked us to write a counting poem during one of the exercises, and "Sullivans Pond" resulted as a kind of clandestine play on the form. I like to think that the piece works even if you don't realize at first that it is in fact a counting poem.

Anyway, you can find the issue on better newsstands across the country. If you do, come back here and let me know what you think of the poems.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment