Thursday, May 5, 2011

Event (in absentia): Calgary - Launch of FreeFall magazine Vol. XXI No. 1

Any Calgary peeps out there? If so, let me extend an invitation to you to attend the launch party tonight for FreeFall magazine's new issue, which contains my poem "On Choosing a Mattress," which won second prize in the magazine's poetry contest.

Being stranded here in Toronto, I obviously can't attend myself (this is the third event in the last few months involving some bit of my work I've had to miss because I'm in the wrong city - argh!) but I encourage you to do so. Here are the particulars:

When: Tonight, May 5th, starting at 7 pm
Where: Shelf Life Books #100, 1302 - 4 Street SW Calgary
Readers:
Fran Kimmel (I just read her story "Elephant Air" in my contributor's copy last night. It's lovely!)
Cassy Welburn
Rosemary Griebel
Gabrielle Volke

If you go to the event, as always please pop back here and let me know how it went.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment