Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Courting the artist vote



The good people at artsvotetoronto.ca are trying to get the word out to the city's cultural workers that they should be actively participating in this year's mayoral election (slated for October 25). It seems that this year, with this particular string of municipal candidates, having artists' voices heard is more important than ever. As a gesture (and a reminder to certain candidates, perhaps), we've been encouraged to create the following sign: "I am an artist and I vote."

I implore all Free Range Readers out there to examine the issues, figure which candidates stand for what, and vote accordingly. You can bet your bookcase that I'll be doing the same.

M
(p.s. Yes, those are my bookcases in the background, and yes this is my first time uploading an image to blog, and yes the red in my sign was made with RR's lipstick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment