Monday, October 27, 2014

Sad Peninsula reviewed in the Winnipeg Free Press


So I was very pleased to see that a review of Sad Peninsula ran in this weekend's edition of The Winnipeg Free Press, written by poet, essayist and English prof Jonathan Ball. As some of you may know, I lived in Winnipeg from 2000 to 2002, where I earned my MA in English at the University of Manitoba, so it was great to see my work featured in that lovely city's lovely daily paper. In his piece, Ball writes, among other things:
Sampson deftly negotiates the varying chapters and their viewpoints, surprising us with character revelations without tipping into melodrama, and forcing us to look more closely when we might prefer to turn away.
 Anyway, great to see another review the book, especially one in a mainstream daily publication. Hopefully (fingers crossed) there'll be more to come.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment