Friday, August 15, 2014

Publication: Play - Poems about Childhood

So I came home yesterday to find in the mail my contributor's copy of Play: Poems about Childhood, the Kid Series: Volume One, a new anthology edited by Shane Neilson and published by Frog Hollow Press out of Victoria, BC. The book has republished my poem "Tragedies of Stillness," a slightly different version of which first appeared in This magazine back in 2012. 

I'm very excited to tuck into this anthology, as it contains work by a whole trove of poets I deeply admire, including Milton Acorn, M. Travis Lane, Alden Nowlan, Zachariah Wells, Ken Babstock and others. 

Anyway, thanks to Shane Neilson and Frog Hollow Press for plucking me and my piece from the weeds of obscurity and including us in this delightful who's who of Canadian verse.      

No comments:

Post a Comment