Thursday, August 15, 2024

ANNOUNCEMENT: Forthcoming New Novel - Lowfield!

 

Well, I've got some VERY exciting news to share. I have a brand new novel coming out next year!

The book is called Lowfield, and it's a tale of horror and suspense set on my native Prince Edward Island. It is forthcoming in the spring of 2025 from Vancouver's Now or Never Publishing, the same press that released my short story collection The Secrets Men Keep

Here is Lowfield's official blurb:

"Riley Fuller, a police officer sidelined by the devastating loss of three colleagues in a tragic shooting, seeks solace in rural Prince Edward Island as he lays claim to his family's ancestral property - an ancient, dilapidated house known locally as Applegarth. Eager for a fresh start and relief from his traumatic past, Riley's hopes are soon dashed as he uncovers the dark secrets hidden within the very walls of the Victorian-era mansion. Soon, he realizes that Applegarth is merely a harbinger of something far more sinister - a malevolent force lurking within the nearby abandoned village of Lowfield, its ominous presence intricately entwined with the rich history of PEI itself."

I read and wrote a lot of horror and dark fantasy as a teen and have always wanted to return to the genre as an adult. I began this Lovecraftian tale waaaay back in 2019 and finally secured a publishing contract for it last year. I remain grateful to Chris Needham and his team at NoN for taking this book on.

While the novel isn't out for another eight months or so, it's already available for pre-order from the usual suspects, including:

Pre-orders really help me and the publisher out, so if you're interested please put one in today!

I'll be posting more news about Lowfield in the coming months as we inch toward its publication date, so stay tuned. In the meantime, drop me a comment below if you're so inclined - these are always good for morale!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment